An APIError indicates that something went wrong on our side when processing your request. This could be due to a temporary glitch, a bug, or a system outage.
We apologize for any inconvenience and we are working hard to resolve any issues as soon as possible. You can check our status page for more information here.
If you encounter an APIError, please try the following steps:
- Wait a few seconds and retry your request. Sometimes, the issue may be resolved quickly and your request may succeed on the second attempt.
- Check our status page for any ongoing incidents or maintenance that may affect our services. If there is an active incident, please follow the updates and wait until it is resolved before retrying your request.
- If the issue persists, contact our support team and provide them with the following information:
- The model you were using
- The error message and code you received
- The request data and headers you sent
- The timestamp and timezone of your request
- Any other relevant details that may help us diagnose the issue
Our support team will investigate the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.