A Timeout error indicates that your request took too long to complete and our server closed the connection. This could be due to a network issue, a heavy load on our services, or a complex request that requires more processing time.
If you encounter a Timeout error, please try the following steps:
- Wait a few seconds and retry your request. Sometimes, the network congestion or the load on our services may be reduced and your request may succeed on the second attempt.
- Check your network settings and make sure you have a stable and fast internet connection. You may need to switch to a different network, use a wired connection, or reduce the number of devices or applications using your bandwidth.
- You may also need to adjust your timeout parameter to allow more time for your request to complete.
- If the issue persists, contact our support team and provide them with the following information:
- The model you were using
- The error message and code you received
- The request data and headers you sent
- The timestamp and timezone of your request
- Any other relevant details that may help us diagnose the issue
Our support team will investigate the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.